A Brand New Approach to Laser Hair Reduction
About The Lightsheer DUET Laser Treatment
The Lightsheer DUET is a laser that produces a larger beam of highly concentrated light. The light emitted is well absorbed by the pigment located in the hair follicles. During the procedure, the laser pulses for a fraction of a second, allowing the hair to absorb the light and heat up. As it heats up, the hair shaft and bulb are damaged which significantly impedes its ability to re-grow. And with the large spot size, the process treats numerous hair follicles simultaneously, making the treatment much faster than traditional laser hair removal alternatives.
The LightSheer Duet offers your Technician two handpiece choices depending on your needs. The High-Speed hand piece uses breakthrough vacuum-assisted technology in combination with diode laser light to allow rapid and comfortable treatment of large areas. A Back or Legs can now be treated in 15 to 20 Minutes, without the need for topical numbing creams. The Lightsheer DUET also offers your Technician the Gold Standard LightSheer ET handpiece with ChillTip cooling for smaller areas. These two handpieces allow your technician to truly customize treatments for your hair, skin type, and lifestyle.
What Can YOU Expect?
Laser hair removal requires multiple treatments. This is because all of the body's hairs are not in the same growth cycle at the same time. Laser Hair Removal works best when hairs are in their active growth stage known as anagen and normally only 15-20% of hair is in this cycle at one time. Typically 4-6 treatments is required to treat most areas of the body. Clients can expect to treat their body hair every 8-10 weeks and facial hair every 4-6 weeks. Clients can also expect a period where their hair is gone for a few weeks. We like to say that laser has the great effects of being hair free for a period and permanent hair reduction in the end.
Why choose Lightsheer Diode laser Treatment?
- Medical Grade Laser System
- Safer and more effective than IPL Hair Removal
- Fast and comfortable treatments
- Most Affordable Pricing
- The only laser with unique and dedicated technology for pain reduction, enhanced efficacy & safety.
Being certified in 2006, Phoebe has been working with the light sheer laser for many years. I hold advanced Certificates for the Lightsheer Duet and other laser systems and have performed thousands of laser hair removal treatments. I have numerous happy customers with outstanding results.
Pre and Post-Treatment Instructions
Prior to Treatment
- Do not pluck, wax, use a depilatory or undergo electrolysis in the areas you wish to have treated for 6 weeks prior to laser hair removal.
- Do not tan the areas to be treated for 4-6 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid using self-tanning products for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- For larger areas, shave day of treatment(legs, backs, bikinis), for smaller areas, shave day before(underarms, face)
- Do not moisturize the area to be treated on the day of treatment.
- Avoid glycolic, salicylic, and retinol a week before treatment
- We encourage first-time clients to use a topical numbing cream prior to their session to ease any discomfort. We recommend Zensa which must be applied to the treatment area or areas 30-45 mins prior to treatment and covered with a saran wrap.
- Some redness and swelling in the area is normal after treatment and may feel similar to a sunburn. This should resolve within several hours to several days after treatment.
- Apply Aloe Vera to treatment site, or use cold compress if necessary
- Do not soak in hot tubs or have a hot bath for 24 hrs
- Do not work out to point of perspiration as extreme itchiness may develop
- Avoid irritants (glycolics, retinols etc.) for seven days after treatment.
- Avoid deodorant for 24 hours.
- Apply sunscreen for 6 weeks over the treated area if it is exposed to sun.